Friday, February 20, 2009

InTouch magazine enables Ben's Xbox gushing

I guess Branjelina was busy so they interviewed Ben Lyons instead. You can read the entire InTouch interview here.

There were only two parts that stood out. First, Ben still cannot shut up about Twilight:

Were there any films that you think totally got overlooked this year?
Ben: Yeah. Let the Right One In is at the top of my list. It's a Swedish film and should be in the foreign film category because it's hands down the best vampire movie of the year. Don't let Robert Pattinson's staring off into space fool you!

But I guess he is atoning for his Twilight gushing last year. A worthy excuse, except that he should have never gotten himself into this mess in the first place.

But speaking of messes he should have never gotten himself into--and digging himself deeper into a hole he should be trying to get out of--we come to the final question of the interview:

And I have to ask, how do you know so much about the movies?
Ben: I've been playing this game for the Xbox 360 called Scene It? Box Office Smash. It's not just for film critics, it's for everyone that loves movies. It really keeps me up to date on my movie trivia, which is great, since I get stopped all the time by people who throw random movie trivia at me!

Who asks Ben Lyons a question like this? Seriously, its more like, "Dude, why don't you know anything about movies?" And he answers "Sorry, but I could only make it to 5 movies out of 10 days of the Sundance Film Festival. I'm just not as well informed as I should be."

This question was obviously just a setup so that Lyons could get in yet another blurb about Scene It?, his corporate sponsor. So shame on you, In Touch magazine or whatever you call it. I used to think that you were a paragon of journalistic standards, but I know better now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ben gushes to the star of "Twilight" and then tears the movie down at every opportunity? Urgh! How dare he!