Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Worse than Ben Lyons?

Oh yes, you can do much worse than Ben Lyons. I mean, just to be fair. For example, it must be said that Ben is by far not the worst film critic associated with Jeffery Lyons. Mediocrity isn't enough--it takes a particular sort of evil to stoop that low into the depths of hell.

Then why pick on Ben? Because he has helped destroy my cherished At The Movies. Once that train wreck has been canceled or Lyons is replaced, and that can't be any more than six months to a year, I can put this blog to rest. In the meantime, I have a mission.

On that note, and in light of the current election season, I will have some "worse than Lyons" postings just to keep things in perspective.

First up, the lunatic right-wing American voter! Not all of them, of course. This one, form Virginia, is likely going to feel awful lonely down there once Obama wins that state on election day, which he probably will. That doesn't stop idiots like these from spewing their filth with a proud ignorance:

7 comments:

Pants said...

Wisdom from the dry end of the gene pool...

Anonymous said...

You know, it's like, ok, if you (you being the lady in this interview) want to vote for one guy because you think he shares your religious views--fine. Ok. That's why we all have the right to vote, yada yada. But I rankle at the idea that you want your government to force your religious views (that you already have every right to worship and live by) on me, who does not share your religious views. Why do your rights to practice free religion trump mine? Uch!

And, not for nothing, but if God is, inevitably, the one who will "take care of you" financially or whatever, than it shouldn't matter if Obama or McCain is president. If you do absolutely nothing but put your faith in God to make sure everything turns out ok, it will turn out ok regardless of who sits in the White House. Right?

Anonymous said...

Your blog is excellent. And I concur that Ben Lyons must be destroyed.

MFS said...

Good blog, I support your mission! And that woman, in the video ... she's the kind of person that you hate and feel sorry for at the same time. It's sad, really. Anyway, keep up the good work!

Scott said...

Yes, I do feel sympathy for the woman, and for the entire American electorate. You can't blame them for the stupidity that passes for political analysis in this country. And I cannot help but believe that she is hearing all sorts of nonsense from her church as well.

Anonymous said...

You have my full support! Your Blog is just the greatest. I mean, look. I'm not asking for ABC to hire Joan Didion for At the Movies, but this? Ben Lyon IS the Sarah Palin of film criticism.

Anonymous said...

WTF!!??!!