Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Never Let Me Go

I'm not one to post fanboy news--I haven't written anything about The Watchmen, a great book that I am very excited to see in the theater. I guess that movie getting enough free publicity with umpteen different posters and trailers that everybody has seen that I don't see a reason to say anything about it for now.

This, however, is very exciting news that is likely to go under the radar. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, the author of Remains of the Day, is going to be made into a movie, according to Production Weekly (according to /Film). I loved both the book and the movie of Remains, but Never is a different beast entirely. Both are set in Britain--and the similarities end there.

The novel is well worth a read if you have not read it before--it was listed on Time's list of 100 best novels since 1923--as is Ishiguro's When We Were Orphans.

No comments: